Two great projects at hand

(Two nice cutie projects that I am part of)


A cool open source project in the making - OCRopus


Today when I checked out RssOwl( news gatherer software) I came across this cool title "Google backs character-recognition research " Surely this did kindle my interest, so I thougt of paying the site a visit ocropus . I also joined the project's group site. Its really cool being part of such a great project. According to the site

OCRopus is a state-of-the-art document analysis and OCR system, featuring pluggable layout analysis, pluggable character recognition, statistical natural language modeling, and multi-lingual capabilities.

I dont know in what ways I would be able to contribute to this great project, but I did take the first step.


Auto it for the rescue


Since my dream of getting a broadband connection from BSNL (2Mbps) does not seem to happen any time soon. I am looking forward for other options. Currently I am using the net connection from Reliance(10 Kbps) with unlimited donwload from 10:00 PM to 6:00 in the morining. But since I sleep pretty early these days, i am not able to make full use of my connection .So I am planning to shift to another plan, which allows for 20 hours in the morning and 20 at night. but problem is there is no nice way to keep track of the timing.


So today I thought of writing my own program in Autoit. The plan is as follows

  • Add the dailer's exe path in system vairable
  • Then, Type the following code in autoit editor
  • Run("Rconnect dialer")
  • Next there shoud be a GUI with 2 buttons,the 2 buttons are 'Connect' and 'Disconnect'
  • When you click 'Connect' my program must click the dialer button
  • Also close the dialer windows after dialing.It must then record the current time in a variable, say x
  • When you click ' Disconnect' button, record the current time in varible y
  • Now use _Datediff user defined funtion from #include
  • Calculate the total no: of hours as well as the minutes.
  • Display it in a neat pop up window.

====================
Hope you enjoyed the code as much as I did. I plan to complete this project by tomorrow, and then surely I will post it here. Bye guys