Joining IRC rooms

(IRC room of php in Pidgin)


Now after successfully logging into irc.linuxchix.org IRC server and getting into a few rooms, I then, tried out to google for more IRC servers and rooms, but could not find much. Suddenly, I realized that, I had overlooked the default server name that appears, when I choose IRC protocol in Pidgin, namely
irc.freenode.net

I just logged in and it had thousands of rooms(yeah, u heard it right)And I first logged in to two rooms, namely php and centos.Now, note that sometimes, the nickname that you use might have been used by someone else

so issue the command:

/quit

then go back to Pidgin, and change your nickname to some "not-so-common" ones;Come back again and try to join the room. If it is accepted, then issue the command

/register your-password

and viollaaaa, you are IN




Labels: , ,